In this article I decided review simple Java library for automation testing that is successfully implemented already for many different projects.
So, let’s start.
What are the main problems that we have when we want to start automation testing on a new project? Usually there are:
- What kind of application do we want to test? Mobile or Web or maybe Mobile-Web? Maybe we will require to test RESTful services or mail services?
- Need to write many validators from scratch. Need to organise the structure of capabilities, drivers, getters and setters for configurations.
So, I decided that need to write something that will help me to avoid such questions in the future. This “something” must be universal framework that can be easy connected to each project.
Now Automotion library is available on GitHub here
The main most useful functions that available in Automotion are:
- Super easy method for connection of WebDriver to the maven project. Support for Remote Web Driver and Appium Driver as well. Also it allows to run the tests in mobile simulation Chrome mode. You can update Your capabilities in the way You want. Also here is implemented methods for connection with SauceLabs.
- Powerful feature for performing HTTP(s) requests with attachments, authorisation, etc.
- Functions that allow to perform connection to IMAP mail services and verify mailboxes.
- Functions that allow to identify which of the languages are on the web and mobile pages. Support up to 70 languages.
- Smart text finder that allows to find even broken text. For example, You need to find the phrase “Try Again”, but You have recognised text like ” gh try gh 6%^7 hjgasd 7^& dfg!44d T@y GaIN#%hjk in”. People are able to find something similar to “Try Again”. It’s “T@y GaIN”. But machine cannot find it. So, this algorithm allows to find such phrases.
- Lots of useful helpers for the web and mobile automation testing:
- Different variations of scrolling and swiping for iOS, Android and Web
- Function that allow to hide keyboard on Android and iOS devices
- Different smart functions for clicking on the web or mobile elements. For example, if You need to click on the right top corner of element
- Functions for manipulating of network and settings on Android devices
- Smart functions for validation that elements on the page are aligned correctly. These functions are super useful for the validation of UI, especially header, footer and different static content.
All these functions could easy cover the most complicated cases in automation testing. With Automotion You don’t need anymore to look for the solutions. Everything is ready.
If You’re interesting to know more about Automotion library – feel free to contact with me directly. My email is available on the page About Me. Also, if You know another cases that could be added to Automotion – let me know or feel free to contribute on Github.
Thank You for reading this article and have a good automation!